State / Region / Province
Infosys Public Services, Inc
Process|Information Security|Business Continuity Process, Disaster Recovery, Technology|Cloud Platform|Amazon Webservices(AWS), Technology|Database administration|DB2 Administration
Infosys Public Services is the leader in consulting, technology, and next-generation services. We partner with US and Canadian public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our technology solutions, combined with proven best-practices and execution excellence enable our clients to renew themselves and build new capabilities to improve mission outcomes.
We are pushing the limit of what is currently possible – towards completely new areas. And then executing these ideas to perfection.
Currently, we are seeking a DB2 Administrator, to join IPS and become a key member on our production maintenance and support project.
Nice to Have:
- Proven experience in administration, maintenance and migrating of DB2 Databases
- Monitor database performance, perform data change/refresh requests, upgrade, patches, migration, and database maintenance.
- Working knowledge handing the DB2 database administration and troubleshooting issues with database developer
- Experience in data replication tools i.e. IBM Qreplication
- Experience in Database Disaster recovery setup (HADR) planning and implementation
- Build Db2 database systems of high availability and quality
- Review query performance reports for inefficiencies and performance issues in IBM DB2.
- Experience in handling DB2 in AWS Cloud environments.
- Experience in data refresh, indexing, back restore, Database replication, upgrade/patches on DB2
- Analyze capacity and growth of databases using various automated testing tools and performance optimization.
- Analyze Database activity, performing application Database performance tuning, and maintaining test and production Databases
Education & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
The job may entail an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification with Minimum 4 years of Relevant Experience.
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated on a case by case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys Public Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity