State / Region / Province
Arizona, Connecticut, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas
Hartford, CT, Phoenix, AZ, Providence, RI, Raleigh, NC, Richardson, TX
Technology|Infrastructure-Server Administration|Unix Server administration (HP-UX,IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris, Redhat Linux)
Infosys is seeking a Linux Administrator. This role requires close partnership and collaboration with other Engineers and Subject Matter Experts. Essential Job Duties Platform Consultant having experience with Linux Administration. Needs to maintain best practices and collaborates with the architecture and application teams to set the technical vision and target architecture.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Tempe, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; Richardson, TX; Raleigh, NC; Hartford, CT; Bridgewater, NJ; Providence, RI or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US.
• At least 4 years of experience of Information Technology experience.
• At least 4 years of experience in Linux/Unix server administration and engineering experience
• Experience in server software/OS build and patch maintenance
• Expertise in Cluster Management (Rhel 6,7)
• SSL Certificate Management
• Expertise in Scripting – Primary: Python, Ansible Secondary skills: Perl/Shel
• Experience installing OS, managing domain user accounts, and managing server farms.
• Experience in System performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, patch Management disaster recovery, backup planning and systems analysis.
• Experience troubleshooting various systems to include Linux/AIX servers’ technologies.
• Expert knowledge of Linux and Unix operating system including RedHat 6, AIX, Solaris and newer versions
• U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
• Good understanding of Security and Networking concepts
• Hardware Load balancer – Setup and Management
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing platforms (VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, and EMC)
• Experience with IBM, Dell, HP and Cisco (UCS) server hardware and management tools
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills.
• Planning and Co-ordination skills
• Experience with project management.
• Experience ITIL Incident, change, Problem, Release management process
• Experience and desire to work in a management consulting environment.
• Experience resolving more complex technical problems through a defined escalation process.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong time management, process improvement, and scheduling skills
• Able to work and communicate across multiple departments.
• Provides strategic/visionary recommendations.
• Establishes methods and procedures for the team.
• Initiates and owns process improvements and convey changes to others, gain organizational support for making changes.
• Extensive knowledge of key Client systems and processes.
• RedHat certification (preferred)
• Experience with VMware and virtual hosting solutions to include vCenter Server vSphere and related hypervisor technologies (preferred)
• Experience with backup technologies such as IBM TSM, Avamar and NetBackup (preferred)
Key Responsibilities (But not Limited to):
• Supports the day-to-day availability and performance of operational support systems including the ability to troubleshoot and isolate moderate to complex system/application issues for Linux/UNIX/AIX/Solaris based operating systems and hardware. Proposes and implements complex system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Manages the configuration of the system. Supports the rollout of complex projects that impact operational support systems. Installing, configuring, and testing different produce sets on Linux operating systems.
• Provides 24x7 support on a rotating basis is required and responsible for performing the job in accordance Client vision and values.
• Will assist with providing administration, troubleshooting, configuration, installation, deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and high availability design projects.
• Application/OS upgrades, performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, disaster recovery, backup planning and systems analysis.
• Assessing and identifying appropriate solutions to be integrated into the company’s server operation and make recommendations for implementation.
• Mentor lower experiences technicians as well as serve as primary contact for Application Owners of key systems.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues and documenting results
• Installing, configuring, and testing different produce sets on Linux operating systems
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email, or face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Visit www.Infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY) can help your enterprise navigate your next.
Infosys is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.