State / Region / Province
Anywhere in the US and/or Remote
Anywhere in the US and/or Remote
Infosys Public Services, Inc
Infosys Public Services is the leader in consulting, technology, and next-generation services. We partner with US and Canadian public sector organizations to help them stay ahead of the innovation curve. Our technology solutions, combined with proven best practices and execution excellence enable our clients to renew themselves and build new capabilities to improve mission outcomes.
We are pushing the limit of what is currently possible – towards completely new areas. And then executing these ideas to perfection.
Currently, we are seeking a Project Manager-Java to join IPS.
Position Description (scope of work or brief narrative):
The Project Manager will be responsible for maintaining and operating Java batch jobs and Java applications. The lead will also be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting high-performance mission-critical applications to meet the company’s strategic objectives. The candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the technologies involved and SDLC models (Waterfall and/or Agile) and ITIL process.
Required years of experience, training, technical skills, and other requirements for job performance:
- At least 7 years of experience with sound technology understanding of Java /J2EE.
- At least 7 years of experience in designing User Interface Applications using HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, and XML.
- At least 7 years of experience in designing responsive Web Design using Media queries and libraries like Bootstrap.
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Rational Application Developer or higher
- Experience and desire to work in a distributed delivery environment
- Able to play a crucial role in an operations and maintenance project
- Experience in Health and Human Services domain
- Knowledge of J2EE framework and design patterns
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere App. Server and Oracle DB
- Knowledge of the IITL process and Agile Methodologies
- In the role of Project Manager, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Design, and Development
- Play an important role in creating the detailed level design artifacts
- Deliver high-quality code deliverables for a module, perform validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition, and warranty
- Be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email, or face-to-face.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive, relevant work experience instead of every year of education. Candidates who have completed a Master’s degree program are strongly preferred.
IPS strictly complies with U.S. employment verification and anti-discrimination laws. An applicant hired by IPS must be able to establish authorization to work in the U.S. IPS does not sponsor individuals for U.S. work visas, though exceptions may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, at the sole discretion of the company.
Infosys is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.