State / Region / Province
Technology|Infrastructure - Operating Systems AIX/HP Unix/Unix|Operating Systems AIX/HP Unix/Unix
Infosys is seeking a Unix/AIX Admin. This position will interface with key stakeholders and apply technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design; play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts; deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. This is an opportunity to be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Preferred Qualification :
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Mississauga, Ontario or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 4 years of Information Technology experience.
- Canadian citizens and those authorized to work in the Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
About UsInfosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.Visit www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY) can help your enterprise navigate your next.EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
- Installing and upgrading UNIX system software on company servers and computers.
- Creating UNIX file systems.
- Setting up and maintaining UNIX user accounts and access management systems.
- Implementing network and computer system policies.
- Detecting and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Responding to user requests and software errors.
- Monitoring the performance of the system and server.
- Creating backup and recovery policies.
- Setting up and monitoring security policies.
- Applying patches and upgrades when necessary.
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, LINUX, and LINUX shell scripting.
- Knowledge of networking principles including routing, subnets, TCP, IP, VLANs, and UDP.
- Understanding of backup procedures and storage management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Install and configure AIX operating systems and servers.
- Support AIX OS to run various software applications.
- Maintain and upgrade the AIX OS.
- Install and test AIX OS patches.
- Develop procedures for AIX security and management.
- Update standard policies according to environment changes and audit results.
- Develop performance improvement initiatives for AIX system environment.
- Identify and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, testing, and maintenance of AIX systems software and related hardware.