State / Region / Province
Business Enabling Functions
Domain(IBPO)|Information Mgmt Services|Legal Abstraction
Position: Legal Counsel (m/f/d) - Belgium
Today, the corporate landscape is dynamic and the world ahead is full of possibilities! None of the amazing things we do at Infosys would be possible without an equally amazing culture, the environment where ideas can flourish and where you are empowered to move forward as far as your ideas will take you.
At Infosys, we assure that your career will never stand still, we will inspire you to build what’s next and we will navigate further together. Our journey of learnability, values and trusted relationships with our clients continue to be the cornerstones of our organization and these values are upheld only because of our people.
This applies as well to our Legal team, which is growing and currently for a lawyer with 5+ years of professional experience in Belgium law, ideally gained experience as a practicing lawyer in the field of IT or as in-house counsel within the legal department of an international IT service provider or similar organization.
Skills & Mindset Requirements:
- Drafting and reviewing of complex commercial IT contracts, mostly in English language, governed by Belgium and other European laws, e.g. IT outsourcing agreements, IT service agreements, alliance agreements, subcontracting agreements, license agreements and other agreements relevant to the business of an IT service provider
- Reviewing proposals and requests for proposals (RFPs), assisting in preparing proposals and providing assistance in responding to RFPs etc
- Participating in negotiations with customers and vendors across BeNeLux and continental Europe and ensuring conformance with internal contracting requirements and policies as well as risk mitigation requirements, managing and controlling the internal escalation and approval procedures
- Analyzing legal issues and issues related to commercial risks, and presenting clear recommendations to the business teams and to the senior management
- Acting as an interface between the local offices and the global headquarters
- Creating standard contract forms, including translation from English into local language, and adapting contracts to local law
- Performing Legal advisory functions and local interface to the global legal team in relation to general corporate compliance
- Tracking laws and regulations that are relevant to the Company’s business and policies
- Sharing knowledge about local laws and business trends within a global community of the Infosys legal department
- Prior experience in handling high value and complex, multi-layered transactions
- Excellent contract drafting / writing and negotiation skills
- Well organized, stress-resistant, and autonomous – able to work both independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
- Very good domain expertise in contracting and legal matters related to the IT industry and the various industry verticals related thereto
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written, ideally gained during studies or work performed abroad. Being able to communicate to the point
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of common law principles and of other European laws; preferable gained through an LLM or similar Master degree
- Approachable & responsive to business requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate/show examples of solutions provided to complex commercial and legal issues
- Open to travel within Continental Europe to client meetings and negotiations at short notice;
- Basic knowledge of Litigation is preferable
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
All aspects of employment at Infosys are based on merit, competence and performance. We are committed to embracing diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Infosys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer